Thursday, May 13, 2010

M.I.A.

Sorry blog, I have not forgotten you.  Things have just been a little crazy around here.  That's why I've been Missing In Action.  Yes, even more crazy than the normal chasing of the two-year-old and entertaining of the six-month-old. 

Let's see, where do I begin?  Hmmm...yes, well, I left off trying to make a couple birthday gifts for two little girls.  Well, I ended up making this.  Sorry no pictures.  Not what I had planned at all, but it turned out to be the perfect gift.  I love it when the unexpected works out.  :)  Not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but the birthday party was for a cousin.  Well, actually my husband's cousin's little girl.  The party was great, a fun time for all. 

Skip to the craziness a few days later...we bought our home almost five years ago.  We love our home.  Well, the Mr. and I had been talking about refinancing, seeing as rates are quite low right now.  Wait, here it comes...seems the house we bought may have been built on the wrong piece of land.  We may own the empty lot next door.  No, I am not kidding!!!  See, when we bought our home, it had just been built and we were so excited to be young, in love, and buying our first home.  Now, we've been talking to the title company, realtors, a real estate lawyer and so on.  Let me ask you, what kind of dummy builds a home on a lot he doesn't own?  Further more, what about all of the county permits and inspectors that let him do it?  Why did no one catch this five years ago?  Yes, it's a gigantic mess!  We are hoping it's all resolved soon so that we can get a decent night's sleep around here. 

Now, if that's not enough...there's more.  Remember the birthday party?  Well, the day before Mother's Day, my husband's cousin's wife, mother of the adorable little girls (ages 5 and 7) and mother of an equally adorable baby boy (four months) was diagnosed with MS.  Suffice to say, we've been praying non-stop.  She has a really positive attitude and we are all anxiously awaiting what her doctors have to say.

Now, on a lighter note, my daughter has been wearing a dishtowel as a cape all morning.  I wish I had pictures of this to share.  Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get one this afternoon.  It's a beautiful day and I think we'll be going to the park shortly.  We have to take advantage of the fact that it isn't raining.  :)  I'm hoping to work on making some more hexies this evening after the kiddies go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to read them!